When big names like Facebook Messenger, Snapchat and Whatsapp rule over a market, most industry experts feel there’s less to no space for a new entrant to exist. However, despite all odds Kik Messenger app made a surprise entry some seven years ago and it’s going strong since then. The biggest USP of the Kik app is that it targets the young teenagers who want a fun and trendy messenger to chat with friends. By end of 2016, there were more than 300 million users of Kik app. That’s really an achievement, isn’t it?
Developed by a team of enthusiastic and like minded students from the University of Waterloo in Canada, this app has definitely made its presence felt in the messaging world. Perhaps the biggest reason that differentiates this app from others and which also plays an important role in its popularity is the anonymity. To create an account in Kik, you need to enter your name, email id and birth date which as of February 2016 should state that you are over 13 years old. Unlike other messaging apps, it does not ask for your mobile number to register.
With Kik messenger you can send real time text messages to your friends. You can also send emojis, images, videos, GIFs, sketches, links and do lots more. If you are new to Kik and want to find out how to send images, videos and GIFs on Kik app, here are the steps to help you.
How to Send Images and Videos on Kik?
- Launch Kik Messenger on your mobile phone and select the contact with whom you want to chat.
- You will find a “Type a message” box where you can enter your text message for the friend, and also enter a video or image.
- On the left hand side, you will see a small “+” sign. Press this button and if you have given Kik access to your camera roll at the time of launching the app, you will be able to see your photos and videos.
- Just touch the photo you want to add with your message. You may also send a photo or video only message without any text.
- When the image or video is added, you need to now simply touch the Send or speech bubble button to send the content.
In iOS devices, when you try to send a photo or video for the first time, Kik will ask you if it has the permission to access your photos. Grant the permission in order to continue. You may change it at any stage from the privacy settings.
Another amazing advantage that makes Kik app really popular is that it allows you to take photos and send on the fly. So, you are not limited to the photos and videos in the camera roll. To take a photo, press the “+” button on the left side of device’s camera and then touch the camera button. You mobile camera will pop up and be ready to take an image of you. To click a picture, touch the while circle and then touch the “Send” button.
How to Send Animated GIFs on Kik Messenger?
- First you will need to launch the Kik app on your mobile and select the chat contact you want to send a GIF image to.
- Now go to the extensive Kik gallery full of GIFs that you can send to your friends.
- After you have selected a friend to whom you want to send the message, tap on the contact name to be able to send the GIF.
- Tap on the “+” sign on the left side of the text box. You will find icon bars appear beneath the chat and photo gallery just beneath it
- You will see a button that says “GIFs”. Tap on it and you will find a search bar that says “Search for GIFs” along with several emojis that can be used in the text.
- You may either type a keyword or tap on an emoji to get a relevant GIF. For example, if you want to show that you are happy, tap on the Happy emoji and it will show you related GIFs.
- Tap on the GIF you like to get an enlarged view. You will see a back button on the left and a send button on the right side.
- Tap on the send button to add it to your chat. You may either enter some text or only send the GIF by simply tapping on the chat bubble on the far right side.
This is how easy it is to send images, videos and animated GIFs on Kik Messenger app. I hope that you were able to understand the process! If you didn’t know, then you can also use Kik Messenger for PC so if you want to do that, then simply follow our guide.