WhatsApp for PC
If there is one application that has become synonymous with chatting, then it’s WhatsApp! It is one of the most downloaded apps of all time and is currently installed on more than a billion devices. I am pretty sure that you are using the app on your smartphone as well and if you would like to download WhatsApp for PC, then you can do so easily.
If you want to use WhatsApp on computer, then there are different ways to do that. You can either download the Android version of the app and install it using an emulator software or you can use the WhatsApp web version or simply download the official desktop client of WhatsApp for Windows and Mac. In this article, we will show you all the methods, so that you can select the best way to download WhatsApp for PC and start chatting with your friends.
Features of WhatsApp for PC
The app is extremely popular all around the world as it offers all the features you would expect from a messenger app. It not only allows you to send free messages, but also offers a clean interface and has a no-ads policy so you won’t get any irritating ads every time you use the app.
Here are some of the features of WhatsApp Messenger:
- The app is free to download and use for life.
- You can send unlimited text messages to your friends and all you need is an Internet connection.
- You can also send and receive photos, videos, documents, voice notes, etc.
- The application allows you to make free calls to your friends and family members using your phone’s Internet connection.
- Create Groups and add your friends or family members to chat with all of them at once.
- Use the WhatsApp web service to chat online from your computer.
- The app doesn’t have any international charges and you don’t need to remember usernames or PINs to access your account.
- You can share your location with friends, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and much more.
These are some of the features of the application and if you are looking for simple way to download it on your computer, then you can refer to the below methods. We have explained how you can use WhatsApp on PC using various ways. So go through all of them and use the ones that you are comfortable with.
Download WhatsApp for PC Online
Method 1: Use WhatsApp Web
The first way to use WhatsApp for PC is to use the web version of the app where you don’t have to download any emulator or desktop client and install it. All you need is a smartphone with WhatsApp Messenger installed and you are good to go. To know how to use WhatsApp Web, follow the steps below.
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your Android device.
- Open a browser on your computer and go to web.whatsapp.com website.
- On your smartphone, open WhatsApp application.
- Open Menu and select the “WhatsApp Web” option.
- Scan the QR code on your computer using your phone’s camera.
- If the code is scanned properly, you will see that all your conversations will load on your computer screen.
- You can now start chatting with your friends online from your computer.
This is how you can start using WhatsApp online without downloading any additional software. Personally, I recommend this method as it doesn’t take a lot time and is very easy to use.
Method 2: Download WhatsApp Desktop Client for Windows & Mac
If you don’t want to use the web version of the chat app, then you can download the desktop client to chat with friends and family members. However, you should know that WhatsApp for PC client works on Windows 8 and higher versions.
- To download the desktop client of the chat app, go to the download page on the official website.
- If you use a Windows PC, then download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the desktop client.
- After the download process is complete, go to the folder where the installer file is saved.
- Click on the “WhatsAppSetup.exe” file and it will open on your computer.
- The desktop client is basically the WhatsApp Web version created for desktop.
- On your Android smartphone, open WhatsApp Messenger, click on the Menu icon and select “WhatsApp Web” option.
- Scan the QR code from the desktop client on your computer using your phone’s camera.
- Once the scan is done, all your conversations will open on your computer screen.
- This is how you can download WhatsApp for PC officially.
I personally didn’t like this method as it is nothing but the WhatsApp Web version created for desktop use. You need to have an Android smartphone with the app installed to use it. But, the main question is, why would anyone download and use the desktop client when they can use the app installed on their smartphone?
Personally, I like the emulator method where you can use BlueStacks to download WhatsApp on your computer. The reason is simple, it doesn’t need you to have an Android phone to start the app. You simply need an emulator software installed on your PC, an Internet connection and within minutes, you will have the app installed and ready to use.
If you don’t have an Android phone, then also you can use the application which makes the below method the best. So, let’s see how you can install WhatsApp messenger on computer using BlueStacks app player.
Method 3: Download WhatsApp for PC Using BlueStacks
This method is quite simple and a lot of people have use WhatsApp on their computers for years using BlueStacks emulator. The reason why this method is listed here is because you can use other Android apps and games as well using the emulator software.
If you too would like to see how to download WhatsApp on PC using an emulator software like BlueStacks, then follow the steps given below.
- Download BlueStacks emulator and install it.
- Launch BlueStacks on your computer and complete the setup process.
- Now, go to the Android tab and then click on the Search icon.
- Type in “WhatsApp” and hit enter.
- You will see multiple search results appearing on the dashboard in a new tab.
- Click on the first result that says WhatsApp Messenger.
- The official Google Play Store page of the application will now open.
- Click on the Install button on the page.
- A pop-up box will appear on your computer screen containing multiple permissions required by the app.
- Click on the Accept button.
- The download process will start automatically on your computer.
- Once the download process is complete, WhatsApp Messenger for PC will be installed.
This is how you can download and install WhatsApp on computer using BlueStacks. If you were unable to complete the process and faced issues, then do let us know and we’ll try to help you with it.
Download WhatsApp on Mobile Devices
Downloading and using WhatsApp Messenger on computer is necessary only if you don’t own a smartphone or the app isn’t available for your phone.
If you can own an Android, iOS, Windows Phone or any other supported device, then you won’t need to download WhatsApp on your computer. You can simply use the below link to download the application on your smartphone.
WhatsApp for Android
You can download the WhatsApp Messenger from Google play Store or from the official website – Click Here to download WhatsApp.
WhatsApp for iPhone and iPad
If you own an iOS device like iPhone or iPad, then you can visit the app store to download the application or simply use the below link to the official website to get the app.
WhatsApp for Windows Phone
Windows Phone are quite amazing and very fast when it comes to performance, so if you have a Windows Phone and you would like to use the messenger app on it, then you can download official version of the app from the link given below.
WhatsApp for BlackBerry
If you own a BlackBerry device and you want to use a chat app other than BBM, then you can download WhatsApp on your device using the link given below.
WhatsApp for Nokia Symbian
Nokia smartphones are awesome and if you have one with you and you want to download WhatsApp on it to chat with your friends, then you can get the official version from their website. Click on the below link to go to the download page.
WhatsApp for Nokia S40
To download WhatsApp application for your Nokia S40 devices, you need to the below download link to get the official application.
I hope that you liked the article to download WhatsApp for PC using different methods. You can use any of the above mentioned method to download the messenger app and start chatting with your friends and family members.
If you liked the article, then don’t forget to like and share this post with your friends as well so that they too know how they can use WhatsApp Messenger on computer when they don’t have access to their smartphones. Also, make sure to read more such articles on installing chat apps for PC.
We have made a guide on how to use Kik Online, so read it and share it as well!